Hitachi blowing HOTS

Hitachi model #50EX10B - Yes, I posted months ago about this same set. Sorry, but I still need help. Keeps blowing horizontal outputs. Flyback primary checked good. Seems like it blows right when the high voltage is starting to come up. B+ voltage dead on accurate. I have checked several caps for leakage and ESR, just about every diode, and can't find a faulty component. Have removed the CRT boards in case of bad tube, but don't get high voltage. Maybe protective shutdown with no load? Anyhow, it blows them when everything is connected. Should I be looking on the primary side circuit of the flyback, or could this be a faulty load on one of the secondary's circuits? I am close to bringing it to a shop and paying for repair or info on what's wrong. Last call on this one. Thanks group.

Reply to
stokesb

on those TV's sometimes there is a HV ceramic capacitor that shorts out ( right beside the H- output) however it usually has a visible crack on it ( sometimes have to remove to see).. Hitachi TV's are well known for flybacks to take out the H- output transistor, but can be fairly expensive to "try it"

Reply to
darren

I have a strong feeling that the service man you bring the set to, is going to change the flyback. These commonly cause problems in these sets.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

going

Reply to
pippy

I once blew 6 HOT's , turned out one of these blue ceramic high voltage low value capacitors on the primary side of the fbt were open. Will never forget that ordeal....oh boy!

Reply to
jango2

Ummm...you DO know that this is a 50" projection TV that he is referring to, right?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre