low width and pincushion

hi there again!

Could anyone help me out this monitor?

NTC, model No: KM-411 The problem is low width and pincushion. It also has slight breathing. I checked diodes, and transistors in the horizontal and pinamp area but not found the culprit. Check coils by substitution but still no effect. Comparing the voltage from a known good monitor, I discovered that this one has low B+ output. Measured from flyback primary winding, the good monitor has 200 volts. But the defective one has only 170 volts. Anyway, I have tested capacitors with my ESR meter in the psu and horizotal. They seem okay. Disconnecting flyback primary winding creeps up the voltage to 215 volts. Does it mean the problem lies on the horizontal section and not on the low voltage power supply section? Where should I look now. It seems I'm lost.

Thanks in advance for troubleshooting tips.

ian

Reply to
yhan