hitachi oscilloscope repair

I'm getting out my old projects from the past couple of years to decide on whether to finish them or pitch them. I found a Hitachi v-1065 scope that I'd like to get running. I'm not sure, but the flyback may be out on it. The hitachi number for the flyback is 8474287-b according to my service manual. There's a fuse (.6A) between 55v and the flyback that blew. When I jumper it, the voltage drops to 25v.

Any ideas? The caps, I suspect, maybe have low ESR, so I'm changing them out. I've already ordered a new HOPT, just in case (I have a tendency to ruin those things even when they are still good).

-josh

Reply to
cusslerfan

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Probably the flyback driver XSTR. Maybe associated diodes,too.

*LOW* ESR is -desirable-. Caps are bad when their ESR -rises-.

I suggest getting a Dick Smith ESR meter,they are GREAT,and low cost,well worth the money.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

That's what I meant... Been a long time since I've worked on electronics!

worth the money.

Already on the list of "gotsta get."

-josh

Reply to