Hitachi 50UX26B

Hi there I just recieved a Hitachi Ultravision 50UX26B and after about

5 minutes it will shutdown and the red protection led will be on inside, turning it back on keeps it on for about 30 sec more each time. The 5 green leds inside are one strong while powered up and the protection (red led) is softly on until the set powers down then its bright and the green ones go out.

I can'nt see any blown caps or components and all fuses are good (even the "litlfuse") but while powered on there is a buzz from around the "protection" area on the circuit board (picture).

Picture looks GREAT when its on and audio is good to, so if its not to bad of a fix (probably can do myself) I would really like to get it working again so I dont have to go back to the 20" daewoo

Thanks for ANY help.

Reply to
Zippy_33143

A tech, near my house, barely wanted to tell me it was in the power circuit without coming over and charging a $125 trip fee and $225 troubleshoot fee....

Does ANYONE have any ideas? :-) Thanks again for any advice

Reply to
Zippy_33143

Zippy snipped-for-privacy@Hotmail.com wrote in news:1170263567.785834.242620 @m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Start with the FAQ, which has great information:

Jim Land

Zippy snipped-for-privacy@Hotmail.com ha escrito:

there could be aany number of things wrong here. that is why a tech is needed! Sounds like something is drawing slightly too much current or is out of spec. I'd start by changing any caps on the b+ line (typically rated 160v).

-B.