Help with my speakers!!!

Hello,

I've got a sub-woofer. It consists of a box with the controls in it and two speakers.

Here -

The "box with the controls" has four ports in the rear. Two for input and two for output.

The problem I'm facing is this - when I increase the volume, one of the speakers starts giving some noise and there's very little music from it. So, I get crisp music from one speaker and dead music and some noise from the other. When I try to shake the wires that the box is connected to, it sometimes solves the problem and other times, it doesn't work. So, I think that the problem is with those wires.

I also tried swapping the speakers. The speakers are fine but the problem is with the wires or the box. I don't know what to do...

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Reply to
rAgAv

What did the manufacturer suggest when you contacted them?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Sounds like the external cables or the connectors in the box are the problem. To identify which it is, swap the cables around and see if the problem follows one of the cables . If so, replace that cables and solve your problem. If not, the RCA connectors in the box probably have a bad solder connection with the internal wiring. In that case, you'll have to open the box and inspect the connectors. One other possibility is that the connector's center connection has lost its grip. Get a small pair of needle-nosed pliers and squeeze the center connection so that it grips the plug from the external cable better.

From experience, my bet is on the external cables.

Good luck on your repair.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn\'t any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra
Reply to
DaveM

This unit is a powered sub woofer. It has an amp build into it and the most likely cause is that the amp that drives one of the speakers has a shorted or leaky output transistor. It will need professional help to troubleshoot the amp.

Reply to
Lance Dyer