Problem with my PC' speakers

hey people

Today I was listening to music in my PC when a very irritating problem started:

Suddenly the sound started to go "muffled". You barely can listen to voices.

My sound card has a few settings for some sort of "effects" on the audio but those were disabled by me.

My sound card is a Sound III (Aztech).

Is it time for new speakers?

Thanks

--
Chaos Master®        | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil! |  drowning in you

hmm hard to say. i assume you have amplified speakers ? what you should do is first plug in a head set using the same output as you are now for the speakers. if the sound is ok then you know its speakers ! other wise use some of your money and buy a new sound card.

Chaos Master wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

You will have to try another set of speakers or a sound card to determine where the fault is. Or, try the speakers on another computer.

--

Jerry G. =====

Chaos Master wrote:

started:

but

Reply to
Jerry G.

mv /var/posts/Jerry G./ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com /dev/null:

Solved it by moving the speaker' cable. I think there was a short or something...

[]s
--
Chaos Master®        | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil! |  drowning in you
ICQ: 126375906       |  I'm falling forever,
ask for e-mail/MSN   |  I've got to break through"
---------------------.  -- Evanescence, "Going Under"
Reply to
Chaos Master

I had the same problem with my first computer.I discovered it was the poor quality of the ac-97 onboard audio.Bought a soundblaster 128,a QDI advance 9 and a voodoo 3 3000 (state-of-the-art components, then).

-- Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Iraklion Crete,Greece Analogue technology rules-digital sucks

dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr the return adress is corrupted ? "Chaos Master" ?????? ??? ?????? news:MPG.1b197965d798054b9899ca@130.133.1.4...

started:

but

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios( snipped-for-privacy@nospamotenet.gr) showed us the following results:

If this was onboard audio.. but no, it's a good old ISA sound card - great for MS-DOS programs. The audio quality is not the best, but very good, considering I got the card for very cheap (to replace a Rockwell sound card that was bad).

[]s
--
Chaos Master®        | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil! |  drowning in you
Win 98 + BB4Win      |  I'm falling forever,
Slackware Linux      |  I've got to break through"
---------------------.  -- Evanescence, "Going Under"
Reply to
Chaos Master