Help needed with CD focus adjustment

I'm trying to fix a Aiwa micro system that won't recognise a disc.

Going by the repair faq I'm monitoring the focus bias test point but I get a fixed 2.4v signal irrespective of how I adjust the focus offset potentiometer.

By adjusting the potentiometer I can get the disc to spin up and provide a TOC, so it must be having some effect.

Just wondering why I get no change on the focus offset test point?

Thanks

Reply to
Mark

The Sony optical pickups in those Aiwa systems fail a lot. I would just replace the pickup since they're not that expensive. Modern CD players hardly ever need alignment. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Reply to