RCA TV Chassis ctc177

I have in shop for repair a RCA CTC177 I think I know what problem is , but want a second opinion. When turned on from cold has no sync & b&w out of sync bars on screen. Leave on & approx 1 min color comes in & rolling vertically another 1 min stops rolling & good picture untill turned off for several hours. I think it's in the T chip but hate to change it as it is a 64 pin IC. Any body have an opinion

Reply to
cgrob

Have you gone over the ground shields in the tuner.

Reply to
kip

Check for capacitors in vertical section for low value. Donald

Reply to
Donald

Usually an IC problem shows with heat, not cold.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre