sanyo dc-d27 u mini system with odd cd problem

Hi, this unit will begin to spin up the cd, but after a couple of seconds a mechanical click is heard. At that point, the disc starts spinning counterclockwise. No TOC is picked up and 'No disc' message is displayed.

I checked the sled mech, moves freely. As does the spindle motor. Endstop sensor seems Ok too. I just don't know what that mechanical click is caused by.The 3 disc multiplay load mech remains still.

Anyone seen this problem? My next step is going to be checking the ribbon cable to the pickup tho' I don't see the connection between that and the mechanical clicking, I am treating this as a mechanical problem at present rather than electronic so I'd really appreciate any suggestions...

Regards,

-Ben

JVC Dude

thanks for that, will look into it further next week. Ben