Help identifying SMD transistor

Hi, can anyone identify a transistor for me, this is from a LCD monitor inverter board. The markings on the transistor are DJ R

Reply to
Clyde

Hello . can you send us the LCD brand-model number.

Sotos.

Reply to
Sotiris Antoniou

And a picture of the transistor or better yet, the package style, and the location identifier would be a big help.

Now, because I'm smarter than average (Arfa Daily taught me well), the information you seek might be here:

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47

Sorry mistake in my post, the markings are DJ RE. The Monitor is a Digimate L-1715 17 inch.

Some research I have found transistors labelled RE that are high frequency, I wonder if these are the ones, as they appear to drive the transformer that feeds the backlight.

Only problem I'm having is sourcing them cheap.

Reply to
Clyde

By the way the inverter PCB is labelled IV185030HX. It drives 2 CCFL tubes so has duplicate circuitry for each side.

The bad side has so far had a few bad components replaced.

Reply to
Clyde

I'm not noted for patience with the obtuse. Read the datasheet.

The parts are made by Rohm. DJ identifies the part number -

2SD2098. The R specifies the gain - R being the high gain version. E indicates a production date, lot, factory, etc.

As far as a supplier, if you live in the USA you can buy them from Digikey at $.80 each. Shipping will run about $2.50 IF you specify first class mail.

Without even looking up the monitor, I can tell you the inverter uses a pair of Royer oscillators; two transistors are used on each oscillator. Common failure points are bad solder joints on the transformers, a failure of the timing cap, or a shorted diode.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47