Help Identifying This Capacitor?

I'm in the process of repairing an LCD monitor, and I need to replace two Caps on the inverter section of the power board. The problem is, I don't know the name of this type of capacitor; the package is a yellow plastic cube with no markings other than "72=B52J 63" stamped on the top. They don't seem to be polarized, and where one has melted, the innards seem to be a single piece of solder-looking metal, no liquid electrolyte, no mica (as far as I can tell), no paper. Can anyone help me out here? I'm sure I can locate a source to buy some (mouser, digikey, etc...) if only I knew what to look for. The inverter functions intermittently even with these caps in their semi-melted state, if that helps at all.

Thanks, Mike Matthews

Reply to
m1ke dot m477hewz at gmail dot

Thanks, Mike Matthews

The 63 is the voltage, the J is the tolerance, which IIRC is 5%, and the first part is the capacitance, which is an extremely odd value, 72.2 uF. I would guess that a more common value such as 68 uF would be available. Why they should choose such an oddball value is a mystery. If it works ok with a 68uF then no problem. If not, add a 4.7 uF to it if there's room. Else order the exact part from the factory, but be prepared for sticker shock.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

The 'seven' is a stranger. The value will be 2u2F (2.2uF) and probably a polyester film type as it is non-polar.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

On 25 Aug 2005 15:45:08 -0700, "m1ke dot m477hewz at gmail dot com" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't know about the "7", but the rest suggests a 2.2uF 63V metallised film capacitor. I'm guessing the two caps are used in the RC snubbers for the two MOSFETs ???

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

actually, the 7 might be a slanted "T", maybe a manufacturer? (as I said, the package is a little melted.

Reply to
m1ke dot m477hewz at gmail dot

On 26 Aug 2005 16:05:57 -0700, "m1ke dot m477hewz at gmail dot com" put finger to keyboard and composed:

MKT ???

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks alot guys, found the exact one I needed:

Appreciate your help.

-Mike Matthews

Reply to
m1ke dot m477hewz at gmail dot

scratch that, it was the wrong one. found the right one now... mouser part # 581-BF054D0225K