2SC5707 transistor

I need a 2SC5707 transistor (leaded package, not smt) for the inverter in a Dell (= Benq) LCD monitor, model E172FPb.

Its specs are 80V, 8A, 15W, hFE (min) = 200, VCE(sat) = 170mV @ 2A, tON = 30ns.

Here is the datasheet: http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/sanyo/2SC5707.pdf

Can anyone suggest a supplier or a substitute?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:08:36 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

WES have them in stock at $1.35 even though they are not listed in their 2003 catalogue or their 2005 supplement.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"Franc Zabkar"

** I'm make a not in may catalogue.

That transistor has one HELL of a spec.

Vce = 80 volts, Ic = 8 amps, Hfe = 300,

PLUS Vce sat = 200mV

with an Ft of 300 MHz !!!

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi,

WES has them now. I was getting some from BENQ in the past, although this was a pain.

And don't forget to resolder all transformers on inverter PCB.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:28:44 +1000, "Rudolf" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks for the tip/reminder. I always do this for TVs but it slipped my mind this time.

BTW, have a look at the "fix" in this blog:

I found it amus "The origianl transistors were ?c5707? NPN transistors, which are impossible to get hold of here in New Zealand (they can be found on ebay though if you live in the states), so hunting through the jaycar catalogue, I found something quite similar, the ?MJE3055? Transistor. The main problem with this guy is that it has a much bigger casing (TO-220 package) and isnt going to fit nicely into the lcd monitor case?."

Yeah, that's the main problem. ;-)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"Franc Zabkar"

** YIKES !!!

Any poor "slow as a wet week" MJE3055 will run *soooooooo* hot and maybe not work at all in place of a 2SC5707 when used in a high frequency/ high efficiency inverter.

Kiwis have some funny ideas on substitutions......

Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh...

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison