HD6321P IC

I'm looking for this IC to repair an Exacto-Weigh scale controller. I have not found a place that will sell 1 of them to me, they all have huge minimums and for a $5 part way too much to buy.

Does anybody know a place I can get it?

Reply to
cummings

Is this a 40 pin Hitachi chip? If so it is probably a second source Motorola 6821. This are still available from several dealers and used ones show up on old computer boards.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just as a second opinion, that would be my guess based on the part number. The "HD" is what Hitachi used, and they did have Motorola originated ICs in their catalog, and for reasons unknown they changed the "8" to a "3" for their part numbers in the 68XX line.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Interesting, it is a Hitachi 40 pin PIA chip and maybe the Motorolla part might be easier to source. I have yet to find some place willing to see just one.

Reply to
cummings

A substitute for the MC6821 is made by NTE, part number NTE6821. Check their web site for a distributor in your area.

Mike Capel capel AT mb DOT sympatico DOT ca

Reply to
ianto

and enter 6821

$3.95 This are pulls, but it is an obsolete part.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Okay, I risked my neck to get down the Hitachi databook.

The HD6321 is cmos, versus nmos of the 6821. It's supposed to be compatible, but there might be some cases where it causes a problem. The 6821 should be easier to get, so it is worth trying.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black