DTMF Decoder IC

I'm looking for DTMF decoder chips and I am having a lot of trouble finding any.

Some of the part numbers I have searched are TDK's SSI-220, or G8870

Any available DTMF decoder will do the job. Does anyone know a place where I could definetly find some?

Thanks

Reply to
Mike

Mike: try Zarlink (previously Mitel) MT8880 (DTMF transceiver) or MT8870 (DTMF receiver). Finding them in unit quantities may be a problem. Digi-Key does not have it in stock, nor does Electrosonic. Mouser does not carry the line. Avnet has stock of some models of the 8870 and the 8880.

Mario.

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Mario Chenier

Futurlec shows Holtek and Zarlink parts in stock.

Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

These days folks seem to do this digitally with 8-bit processors -- they've gotten fast enough.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Even my local (Perth, Australia) parts supplier has them in stock, $A2.20. Forget the prefix, 8870 is the generic part number to search for.

Reply to
budgie

has them.

Si Ballenger