(Melb) 21" monitor free to good home

H-P Ergo 1600 (D2845A) 21" monitor, RGBVH & 15-pin submin D input. Looks good but doesn't power up. Fuse, switch, AC filtering all OK. No room in my life for it, absolutely *FREE* to good home.

I'm in the Outer East.

John Mackesy

Reply to
John Mackesy

If anyone in Perth is after a 21" CRT I've got one also. There is something wrong with the colour, one minute it is working fine, the next the screen gets a blue cast to it. If anyone can fix it, its yours. Otherwise I'm waiting for the next curbside rubbish collection.

If interested, my mobile is 0421 898 451. I'm in Thornlie.

Travis

Reply to
travismorien

This will most likely be a dry solder joint.

Reply to
Michael C

On DEC 21" monitors it's usually a hybrid video amp IC that is no longer available.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Depends on the model. If Viewsonic or IBM (SONY), video amp IC is a likely problem -- over $100 if still available.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf