Free to good home (Perth) ...

Yeah, well, it's not perfect. This is for people inclined to FIX electronic stuff. I used to repair monitors etc but don't have the inclination anymore, let alone the time OR the room.

I have a 42" Philips LCD TV here which works well BUT ... it only starts occasionally. What I have ascertained is that if EITHER the master or slave backlight inverter boards is heated with a hot air gun/hairdryer it will start up fine. Not much use like that though. The low-ESR electros have been replaced, no change.

So I can't determine which of them is faulty, and at $50 apiece for the replacement boards I'm not going any further down that road. I need the space it is taking up.

Any takers?

Reply to
pedro

Try replacing the PP cap across inverter transformer primary, worked for me once. Replace cap with much higher voltage rating, as they get hammered, I had to mount caps off the board for low height as the replacements were much larger than the originals.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

I appreciate the suggestion, but this set has been the subject of extended testing and discussion at

and I really am sick of the sight of it.

Reply to
pedro