FORD cassette player parts source?

Hi there!

Do any of you know where to get electronic parts for a Ford cassette player?

I've tried the dealer. "Can't get any parts for radios." Uh-huh...

It's just the ON-OFF/Volume control for the stock cassette player in a '97 Crown Victoria. The radio is p/n F7AF-19B132-AA

The control has these hieroglyphics cast into the plastic housing:

BOURNS

3712X-001-036 F5VF-18B914-BD

And "9709R" and "A-62" spray-painted on it.

Here's a picture:

I can always buy up a unit and cannibalize it, but thought this part MUST be available. Somewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

- Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Innes

visit a junk yard

Reply to
AZ Nomad

OEM resistor and potentiometer manufacturer. Take a look at:

OEM number of a part made to Ford specs.

Date and lot codes.

Ford can't even find the right bolts for the AC compressor mounting bracket for my Ranger. They have always been a pain in the ass to find car radio parts because so many different companies built the lousy radios. Delco and Chrysler were a breeze, but lots of Ford Radios waited months for parts. We had 32 bins to hold car radios, and there were more that were full of Fords waiting for parts, than all other brands, plus the repaired units, combined.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

best plan!

Reply to
tomh

Hi there!

Following up on my own post...

I managed to get the ON-OFF/Volume control from a fellow on eBay.

I'd bought an entire radio from him to cannibalize for parts. He suggested we cancel the sale, and send me only the control from a junker that he had. That worked out well for both of us, as I got the control for a very reasonable price, and he was able to relist the radio.

He does business on eBay under the I.D. "oempartsfinder"

If you're ever in the same predicament...

Thanks all for your help,

- Ralph

Ralph Innes wrote in news:Xns9812878977259f35mru20458shawca@140.99.99.130:

Reply to