Obsolete parts source?

I'm in need of a Harris/Intersil HFA5253 chip to fix a frequency generator. The problem is: it got obsoleted in 1998. I tried to google but the problem is that there are too many links that provide no answer. Does anyone know a reputable parts broker who could supply something like this?

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Partminer comes to mind. They all charge a premium for hard to get stuff. Call the manufacturer. I had gotten some obsolete CD series cmos from leader electronics years ago to fix a freq counter that died.

Martin Riddle

Right. The parts supplier will announce phase-out to let customers make a "life-time buy."

I wonder if Micrel would be a solution. When we researched them (years ago now) we learned that a good part of their business was building discontinued parts for critical applications. They had a bunch of recipes for various processes, and would mix and match process steps to make the parts needed. You could ask them if they ever duplicated your Harris chip, and if so, for whom.

Reply to
spamtrap1888