Fisher Cassette deck

The doors where the cassettes go will not open on the Fisher CR-W46 double cassette deck I borrowed. The unit has not been used for a while and when I put the cassette in it would not play and when I tried to eject it it would not eject. Same in both in both decks. Is there any way to get the tapes out? Thanks

--
hazel57
Reply to

Well I'd guess you have 3 options... Carefully take the unit apart untill you can get to the tape.. . or Take a flat blade screwdriver and pry the door open on the tape deck and break the deck in the process and possibly mess up the tape too.. or Take it to someone who knows about electroincs repair and have them get it out for you.. I'd recommend this one. They might even be able to fix it for you.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

open up the casing and look for the large metal flywheel (s) behind the deck mechs. gently rotate a couple of turns (note: do not force) and this should release the powered mechanism allowing ejection. Now replace the rubber belts which sound as if they've stretched and caused this situation in the first place.

-B.