Digital Compact Cassette Problem

I own a Phillips DCC-900 Digital Compact Cassette Deck. I haven't done much with this deck for several years and hooked it up recently to migrate some digital cassettes to another format. When I first began, tapes played fine. After a week or so, random drop outs began to occur. I found some information on the service mode of this deck, and noticed it was experiencing error rates of 100 or so. Normal cassette tapes also do not play correctly either. I have tried cleaned the heads of this deck, to no avail.

Does anyone have any technical information on this deck or any suggestions for this problem. Thanks.

-Shawn

Reply to
instantwow

What did you use to clean the heads ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

sounds like a tape drive problem. excesive take up torque or a deformed or worn rubber pinch roller can cause the tape to wander off true, hence the dropouts. i would look at the mechanical side first, as tape mechs are extremely prone to such problems. Ben.-.

I used rubbing alcohol and a swab to clean the heads.

How can I test the take up rollers or determine if they are worn?

Reply to
instantwow