Ev SX300 speaker problem

In for a horn problem, but also loose bits inside rattling around. These are 2 coppery looking monkey metal flanges from the speaker bolt "hank" bush/anchors into the plastic. They seem non functional, the bolts will tighten without the remaining bush turning. 7 of the 8 bolts would take a 1/4 turn tightening fully again. These flangey closers look as though they are deformed in the tightening process and then burst away at some point. Hammer and old chisel to break off the remaining six ? concerned about shearing the functional part of these monkey metal bushes with hammering action.

Reply to
N_Cook

If these are what I recall from working on these in the past, they are what are called T-Nuts. They should be fine as is. I would replace the broken one only. These are common in speaker cabs to hold down the speakers.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

Yes T-nuts , well sort of, T nuts proper have flats and slide in channels for moveable locking purposes. I should have said they were surrounding the bass driver, not the horn. I don't remember seeing them before. Perhaps cast aluminium , rather than junk zinc-heavy metal. At least not magnetic , but with much van travelling , and being conductive metal, they could land up somewhere they shouldn't. I think I'll try removing one of the complete six bolts , insert a ball bearing and then tighten the bolt, to burst the end off, and repeat if it works. Then a spring washer under each bolt, nothing like that on the original fitting

Reply to
N_Cook