Sony DVP-S7000 "problem" (also FS)

Some weeks ago I asked if anyone had any ideas about why this player skipped on a particular disk ("Destination Tokyo") that played okay in other players. One obvious suggestion was dirt on the lens.

I finally got around to opening the unit. The transport was covered (which doesn't block dust, just reduces it). The two optical assemblies (one for CD, the other for DVD) looked right-out-of-the-box new. But I brushed them with a Visible Dust brush, anyhow.

I've replaced this unit in my bedroom with a Sony DVP-NS999ES (which used to be my living-room player). The DVP-S7000 was the first commercial DVD player (if not the very first). It's well-built. I've had it 10 years, and it'll probably last another 10 years.

It has component outputs, but does not have HDMI, nor any surround-sound decoder (though it does output both S/PDIF and MP-3 audio in digital). And it plays CDs, of course. It would be great for someone who'd like a second, /well-made/ unit for the basement or den or kids' room. I have the original shipping carton and remote, and can probably find the user manual. (If not, it should be on line. And the unit is hardly complicated.)

$100, plus shipping. Yes, I know that's three times what you can get a new one for at Fry's. But this one is nicely made, and is (in principle, anyway) repairable if it breaks.

Thank you.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven\'t asked the right
questions." -- Dr. Edwin H. Land