Nokia 6610 Ringtone-Speaker problem

Hey Everybody,

My Nokia 6610 doesn't ring anymore, it only vibrates. Also the radio, the handsfree function is not working anymore. I Have tested the speaker, that was OK (by opening the phone and put some tension on the speaker pins). So i think the amplifier (if there is any) is dead. I have also loaded the factory default setting, no change.

The mic and earphone functions well, so making a phonecall is no problem

Maybe there is a software problem or a common Nokia failure.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem or suggestions?

Kind regards, Sybren.

Reply to
Sybren

Maybe it's in love?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

tested the speaker, that was OK (by opening the phone and put some tension on the speaker pins).

I've had two speakers fail in a Nokia 3650- the amplifier is fine (tested by connectingthe contacts to an earphone), but the speaker itself died, as did an offbrand replacement I bought online.

the factory default setting, no change.

I'd see if it's the speaker first- the amplifier will be non-serviceable- I doubt it's a discrete part, but rather one of the many functions of a multi-purpose IC.

Good luck!

Todd Allcock

Reply to
al-gsm