HORN

Hella horn for an intermittent alarm.

which pin is ground ?

how tell ?

is either pin grnd-pwr ?

avagadro7

No picture (bad link).

Usually alarm horns are polarized - perhaps one pin has a red dot (positive)?

Or do a search online for that make and model, pretty good chance someone has put up the info you need!

Like this:

John :-#)#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

TQkit

If the contacts (Usually push-on make connectors) are both isolated from th e body of the horn, it makes no difference which one is "hot" and which one is "ground". But, use a VOM to check each terminal for continuity to the m ounting studs - and if there is continuity, that one will be the Ground.

Pretty basic if this is for an automotive application where the frame often serves as a common ground. But, again, these days, alarm systems try to is olate key components and provide separate grounds so that they are less eas ily defeated.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

"Sign in with your Google Account"

Are you freakin' kidding!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

the 'S' on https: blocks transmission into various servers. Remove the S and retry.

No continuity. I found, and not this morning, a small chart in Goo Images defining the horn back as either post for +/-

I have forgotten why that was so decribed ....duh

now I find a method for the higher level Hella horn

scroll down into

Trying to hook an Omega alarm system into a intermittent blow horn mode with relay for power from batt...horn is on van roof....with flasher on ground side horn. The wiring works but shortly...blowing 2 dorman hi decibel horns.

local goons broke into van n crosswired relays....they have a tech....after hearing the horn go off at Walmart.

We then moved shopping to the adjacent town.

Reply to
avagadro7

expected the pin numbers indicating grnd power in Euro style.

Reply to
avagadro7