Ping Spehro: P-Touch Label Tape

Hi Spehro,

I believe you mentioned you use a P-Touch labeler?

Time to replenish my cartridge stock.

Are any of the non-Brother brands of label tape of sufficient quality?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Should have noted: I have model # PT123O PC

I use mostly Black-on-White

Occasional White-on-Black ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I have a PT-1750, and use the TZ tapes. I find them on eBay, and buy a couple at a time to save shipping. I'm pretty sure they are fakes, but seem to work fine.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Jon, Do any of these off-brands match what you are successfully using....

Some posters complain of "jamming" or not working at all. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

The ones I have gotten all have a stylized TZ where the top one in your link says "label". Maybe that makes a difference, I have NO IDEA. But, I have not had any problem with the ones I have gotten. I do end up paying somewhere between $12 - 18 each, so maybe avoid the ultra-cheap ones.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Hmm, I can get a 120mm diameter roll of 60mm thermal label paper (I think about 50m length unrolled) for like 30 bucks retail. You just need a way to slit it and reload the cartridges.

Consumer printer consumables have crazy prices.

Jasen Betts

I use $7 TZ tapes for aliexpress. No trouble at all.

--
The latest set of Shadow Broker tools shows the UK, USA, Canada,
Australian and New Zealand spy agencies were hacking into domestic home

Can you be more specific?

at aliexpress: brother tz tapes" 4,299 Results

Reply to
mike

Try Walmart:

or Amazon:

(six pack 18mm x 8m $23)

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

I've used a few - the cheapest I could find.

--
The latest set of Shadow Broker tools shows the UK, USA, Canada,
Australian and New Zealand spy agencies were hacking into domestic home
routers. Who gave them permission to spy on our kids?
Reply to
David Eather

Thanks, Paul, I'll check those out. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.