DVD Hook up

I've asked this before but my hard drive packed in with no backup! I have my TV hooked up with AV1 and AV2 to TV and Video also the Sat receiver.How do I hook up a DVD player with no spare Scart sockets? Both those on the TV and Video are in use.I was going to wait and buy a DVD recorder instead of the Video but I had a DVD player arrive free with a Golf order. Need some help here as I'm long retired and my wife wants to watch some bought films.Thanks for any help.

"To Soon we get Old,Too late we get Smart!"

Reply to
Harry Collingwood

Harry: You can purchase an inexpensive A/V switch/router from Radio Shack or WalMart. You can get them with capability for switching 2 inputs, 3 inputs, 4, etc... into your television A/V input

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

i suggest connecting the dvd player direct to the TV scart input currently used for the vcr, then connect the vcr to tv using the 75ohm co-ax lead. tune the tv into the vcr 's UHF output (channel UHF 36 usually). You probably wont see much difference /loss in quality, and you'll have avoided the need for messy interconnects and switch boxes.

I suggest you connect one satellite decoder output scart to the tv (ie.e leave as it is) and one to the vcr, to be able to record from satellite.

hope this helps, Ben

You should get one of these SCART expanders

Since you are in the UK you should have no trouble finding a supplier.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Somewhere I believe I still have an old German plaque which stated your signature line. It was "Ve get too soon Oldt undt too late schmardt" Got it from an old German Club.... And it speaks the idea very well. Truer words couldn't have been spoken.

Lou

Reply to
Lou

thanks to all for the replies,unforunately in the UK we don't have a Walmart or Radio Shack but I'm sure I'll find a shop with the same goods.Many thanks.