3-way scart adapter problem

Hi, I've been using a 3-way scart apadter to put my video player and dvd player into one scart socket, at the back of my sky box, which then goes into the TV. the sky box is hooked up to my hifi, so that's all nice.

I recently got a PS2 and put this scart adapter into the remaining 3rd socket. but the picture quality was diminished, as was the sound. when i removed the video and dvd sockets, the playstation picture was perfect. with all three sockets in, the sound on the video player would not work - not even on the hifi.

I've changed the scart adapter for the PS2 with no difference. when i plug the ps2 direct into the telly (with either scart or RGB) i get perfect picture.

Now, this is presumably a problem with the 3-way scart adapter, i beleive it is a monster model, bought from ebay. If it is a problem with this, can you recommend a new model and make, and where i can get one from? if it isn't the problem, what else could it be?

Regards,

Phil

Reply to
Phil Newman

Hi Phil,

Some 3 way scart adaptors are better than others.

Those that contain active circuitry, i.e need a power adaptor and perhaps have some led's to show what they are doing are OK

Scart adaptors with a manual switch are also OK although not as convienient

Cheap ones just connect all three inputs together, your picture and sound quality will be seriously diminished. Problems such as audio crosstalk and dim picture are to be expected.

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Do you know where I could get either an active one, or switched one? I looked in Dixons and Amazon and found nothing....

Cheers,

Phil

Reply to
Phil Newman