Durabrand DBTV1024

Need help, our TV has gone black none of the functions are working. The power button is red, thought it was green before. Nothing in the troule shooting section of the user manual that addresses this issue. The TV is only a few years old. Any ideas?

--
peaceful
Reply to

What were the options for warranty repair? Oops, forgot that is one of the many 'throw away' brands. Exchange it while warranty at Wal-mart, good luck getting it repaired out of warranty. Even if you can find a shop with a tech that is willing to work on it without service information, the parts may not be readily available.

Any qualified technician can do the basic standard troubleshooting and determine if the failure is not something that can be repaired for under $90 or so.

Reply to
dkuhajda

I have one idea. Crap it. It sounds like a major problem and those t.v.s aren't even worth the time it takes to post a message to a newsgroup asking what is wrong with it.

Reply to
Erich Schultheis, the man that

Don't forget that cheap TV's are not the only 'throw away' items!

On a daily basis more and more expensive plasma and lcd's are nearly 'throw away' items. By the time those repairs are done (out of warranty) one may well wish that they would've bought

10 or more cheap TV's.

Many expensive electronic items are clearly 'junk' over produced with the consumer winding up as the final quality control inspector.

I found a lot of Durabrand and other cheap TV's have an intermittent or bad 24 V startup zener diode. Really, it is no big deal and an easy buck.

Reply to
Do Little2