DENON Home Cinema receiver to repair

Hello,

My DENON AVR-2105 home cinema receiver failed for the second time so I would like to try to repair it myself, as now it's going to cost me more than a brand new. Where can I get the service manual with the drawings for this rig? Many thanks for your help. pf

Reply to
Pierre-François

Enter "AVR-2105" and "Denon" in the Mfg field. Several manuals come up, but not one for the 2105. But maybe you can get some idea from one of those manuals how to diagnose the problem.

Good luck,

--
John English
Reply to

Thanks John, I've tried but nothing for the 2105 here... pf

"John E." a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news.sf.sbcglobal.net...

Reply to
Pierre-François

So what is the receiver doing wrong, and have you any technical qualifications? No disrespect, but people often get in over their heads on these things.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Hi Mark,

If I've tech qualifications? My got! Yes for sure! I'm engineer graduated in electronic and my personal lab is fully equiped from DC up to 40Ghz ! I'm also ham radio operator... F5BQP

This receiver failed for the second time, firstly under warranty two years ago and just recently! I send it for repair to DENON, but for the third time I'll put my noise in it otherwhise it'll cost me more than a bran new one... DENON sent me the repair quote: 210 Euro and last week I got the same one on ebay for 270 Euro!... So now I'll have two rigs and I need to find out the schematics/drawings for the third time... lol...

Thanks for your post. pf

"Mark D. Zacharias" a écrit dans le message de news: f7A6i.4785$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Pierre-François

uld

So just get a new one if it's cheaper. And don't expect any help from sci.electronics.repair when it comes to home-theater because when they think of multichannel they think quadraphonic.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

Have you tried getting the official service documentation?

I bought the service docs for my AVR-3805 from the Swedish distributor. Not that I've needed it, but for the future.

It came both on paper and a CD with pdf:s.

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

Hi Thomas,

No, I didn't thought they where selling it. I'll try this. Thank you for the idea.

pf

"Thomas Tornblom" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@Hax.SE...

Reply to
Pierre-François

Well, you still did not answer my question - what exactly is the receiver doing wrong?

And since you do possess some qualifications, I could send you the PDF, though their electronic service manuals aren't the best.

BTW to Malissa. I am an authorized Denon servicer, and pretty well versed in their surround receivers.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply Mark, and trying to help me, here is the symptom: At power up just after the init the protection circuit goes up and the power supply LED start to flash red. I'm sure of my CABASSE speakers as they are working well on my second AVR-2105.

pf

"Mark D. Zacharias" a écrit dans le message de news: 4Zo7i.6749$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Pierre-François

The most likely cause would be shorted output transistors on one channel. This is almost always accompanied on Denon's by the emitter resistors being bad, and often the associated bias transistor. The drivers are usually OK, but there could be a burned resistor associated with one of them, such as

4.7 ohms, 10 ohms, etc.

You may e-mail me direct at:

snipped-for-privacy@labolgcbs.net

and reverse the domain name. I can split the PDF service manual and send it to you. You'll need WinRAR to re-assemble it.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Hi Mark,

Thank you, I just sent you a direct email.

pf

"Mark D. Zacharias" a écrit dans le message de news: x2y7i.6576$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Pierre-François

Hi Mark,

The email returned to me as domain name unknown! So here is my text. Sorry to borrow the friends from the newsgroup with a more personal email...

Hi Mark,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your kindness concerning the help, I appreciate very much. Yes I think it's certainly one (or more) output power transistor which is "dead" and may be some components around burned... I've WinRar and WinZip on all my PCs here at home, there are around 8Pcs!... and a multimedia GigEthernet network to stream the videos from a big NAS with a KISS DP600 and a H&B DNX8620 High Def media players one in the living room, the other in the bedroom... A high tech home... lol... I like the AVR-2105, I got two of these with in the living room one AVR-2105 a CABASSE KI 7.1 system setup an an LG 42inch plasma TV. The second AVR-2105 is a spare one I got on ebay very cheap "just in case" as my first AVR-2105 failed during the warranty and the DENON dealer kept it so long that I was "sick"... So now I want to repair my spare...

As I told you I'm en electronic graduated engineer and I've at home a full electronic lab for my hobby which is hamradio... So using the oscilloscope, the generator and the Fluke multimeter isn't a big deal... I'm able to measure and analyse signals up to 40Ghz... I own a bunch of test and measurement equipments, mainly Hewlett Packard but not only...

I'm part of a group of friends who loves T&M instruments... Look at this site build by my very good friend Marc (Marc Mislange F5MM) :

, if you like T&M you'll be impressed with his collect!

So my email is snipped-for-privacy@wanadoo.fr , you can send me the PDF and I'll reconstruct it. And it'll be a pleasure for me to help you in return, and if you come to Paris to invite you for a good diner!... (I leave in the country side at

40km from Paris)

Kind regards.

pf

"Mark D. Zacharias" a écrit dans le message de news: x2y7i.6576$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Pierre-François

Mark,

Here is the error returned:

This is the SMTP Server program at host orange.fr.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The SMTP Server program

: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=labolgcbs.net type=A: Host not found

"Mark D. Zacharias" a écrit dans le message de news: x2y7i.6576$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Pierre-François

Reply to
Jeroni Paul

Reverse the domain name. I have to do this to help avoid bulk e-mails.

So, labolgcbs would actually read "sbcglobal"

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

By the way, the manual is about 30 meg. Hope you're not on a dial-up...

mz

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Thank you Jean-Paul, Mark, the "reversing" escaped my neuron...

I resent the email

pf

"Pierre-François" a écrit dans le message de news: 465f4590$0$27383$ snipped-for-privacy@news.orange.fr...

Reply to
Pierre-François

Mark,

No I'm on ADSL with 4 .5 meg bandwith

pf

"Mark D. Zacharias" a écrit dans le message de news: hvJ7i.6898$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Pierre-François

Awe gee, Pierre...no need to be 'resent'ful.

Ain't the English language wunnerful....?

jak

Reply to
jakdedert