DENON DRA455 Tuner Amplifier

This Denon DRA-455 fails to turn-on when powered on. The Red SBY-light and PanelDisplay donot illuminate. Most likely it's SBY voltage generating circuit has developped some problems as the kick-back diode across the MainPower Relay was found fully shorted. Replacing the diode did not help. The SBY voltage probably is generated and routed through the frontpanel, but as usual I have no schematic to do any detailed diagnosis. Is there anybody around having more knowledge of this problem? TY Brasto

Reply to
Brasto

No PDF from the server - how old is this model?

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Hello Mark, I managed to get a copy of my DRA-455 unfortunately the front page says: This service manual is composed of only pages whose contents are different from those for the model DRA-385. For servicing refer to the previously issued service manual of DRA-385RD (for UK and European models) at the same time.

Well this probably saves the DENON company some paper but now I'll have to try to find the DRA-385 as well......

Reply to
Brasto