Toshiba TV 218D9B.

Picture has black stripes across it, remaining picture stripes brighter. Can collapase to a very bright band about 5mm high across middle of screen - still has colour. Can recover full and good picture when beaten in just the right way.

As it responds to "tap test" I assume a dry joint. Not had it open yet. Where should I start to look? Component ID numbers on circuit board would be nice.

Yes I have been shown how to and will discharge the tube. Any caps I should clamp?

Peter Hill

Look on the printed circuit board with a Mag Glass.

kip

Not had it open

Reply to
kip

By the way you are asking, you should give the set out to a service shop for repairs. You may not be safe to do this yourself.

By the way you are describing things, there are most likely some cold solder connections inside. The only way to find them, is to troubleshoot the set for them.

--

JANA _____

As it responds to "tap test" I assume a dry joint. Not had it open yet. Where should I start to look? Component ID numbers on circuit board would be nice.

Yes I have been shown how to and will discharge the tube. Any caps I should clamp?

JANA