cd stuck

Hello, I have a Kenwood excelon kdc x589 car radio and cd got stuck in the cd slot and won't eject out. What do I do? I noticed it was sometimes having problems ejecting some the cd's completely starting about a month ago and I had to pull them out with my fingers. This time when the cd did the same thing (half way ejecting the cd) I pushed the cd back in and it now won't come out at all. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks for any help, Mark

Reply to
Stumpy

RTFFAQ

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Get a couple business cards, or cut a 3X5 index card in half. Hold open the door that covers the slot, and CAREFULLY work one of the cards in above the disc, and the other one under the disc. DON'T FORCE ANYTHING. Move the cards around a bit, and quite quickly they should find the obstruction and bridge it, allowing the disc to slide out.

Did you put a paper label on the disc? That's a no-no, and a common cause for "disc won't eject" problems.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

Hi!

First, don't ever put a CD with a paper label in any player that "sucks" in the disc. I don't even recommend their use in tray-type players.

Secondly, there are a set of rubber grip rollers that move the CD in and out of most car players. These sometimes get a coating of dust or other junk on them. When that happens, the ejecting action becomes slow, erratic or fails to function at all. You can usually take the radio apart (be VERY careful and use good tools) to get at the rollers and clean them.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

in

out

on

fails

Ok thanks William I'll try cleaning the rollers. I managed to get the cd playing again. When the cd got stuck it also stopped playing as well. What I did was unplug the car battery. Seems to be working again but at one point I got an error message (E 99) which means in the manual: "Something is wrong with the disk magazine. Or the unit is malfunctioning for some reason. Check the disk magazine and then press reset button on the unit." Well anyway, the E99 messsage eventually disappeared without me doing anything and the cd player seems to be working properly now.

Reply to
Stumpy