Data display on PC monitor

I'm repairing (in theory) a 3 year old monitor, ie far more recent than my own, so unfamiliar territory. It uses an NT6827 on screen data display generator and LM1269NA CRT controller. The NT6827 is loading the 5V rail and tripping the protection circuitry. Should be maximum of 25mA at 5V but putting a dropper in line it is taking

70mA when dropped to 3V. If I disconnected this IC would the monitor work at a basic level or default to zero brightness etc?

N Cook

Try it and find out, have you checked on the price of a new IC though?

Reply to
James Sweet

If the IC really is purely an on screen data display generator then I can't see how disabling/removing it would affect anything other than the monitors ability to display the OSD graphics. Why not try and and see?

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

my

taking

can't

monitors

I cut the 5V line to the OSD and the monitor stayed powered with all ps rails ok and HT crackle at switch off but zilch on screen feeding from a PC. New ICs not available apparently in UK and otherwise 100 minimum or 250 USD min of course. I'll download the OSD IC datasheet and see if I have to take the R,G,B lines high or something.

Reply to
N Cook

my

taking

can't

monitors

The control pin on the LM1269 when low from the NT6827 should be video not OSD should be ok. According to user manual should be able to count/step through the OSD menu unseen. But now no sustained HT , well G2 volts at least - ho hum

Reply to
N Cook