Ricoh c210 - Says Toner empty but the Toner is not empty!

I have a Ricoh c210 multifunction unit that is stating that the toner is empty - but it is not! I put a brand new toner cartridge in and the message remains the same. I have turned if off and on but the message will not go away and it will not print. It was working 10 minutes ago and the unit is only a year old.

Has anyone seen anything like this and what might be the problem?

THanks.

Reply to
KDawg44

Have you removed the paper strip that blocks the tonner from casually spilling out of the refill, before loading it in the machine ?

N Cook