CTC203: no luminance after power surge

This RCA CTC203AD4 chassis took a power surge that buldged the input filter cap and blew the fuse. Replacing both brought the set up again but there is no picture. I cranked up G2 and can make out a faint image with OSD. There is video on U12101 pin 42 but the CRT cathodes are up to

180V, so no pix. User functions work but I can't change channels. The OSD shows the channel number change but the set stays on 3. I have no schematic and very little experience on these newer chassis. Am I SOL without chipper check? Seems more like a component failure, but what? What could a power surge do this far "inland". Thanks for any help!

Ray @ Carlsen Electronics

Reply to
Ray Carlsen

This RCA CTC203AD4 chassis took a power surge that buldged the input filter cap and blew the fuse. Replacing both brought the set up again but there is no picture. I cranked up G2 and can make out a faint image with OSD. There is video on U12101 pin 42 but the CRT cathodes are up to

180V, so no pix. User functions work but I can't change channels. The OSD shows the channel number change but the set stays on 3. I have no schematic and very little experience on these newer chassis. Am I SOL without chipper check? Seems more like a component failure, but what? What could a power surge do this far "inland". Thanks for any help!

Ray

PS Sorry for the repost, but I forgot to mention my addy is spamblocked. To reply, email snipped-for-privacy@my0uw.net but leave out the zeros.

Reply to
Ray Carlsen