Pioneer Tuner F-Z93L troubleshooting

Hi everybody

I have a pretty old Pioneer Tuner F-Z93L part of an entire stereo device S111. The problem with the tuner is that it keeps searching on the entire FM-band in order to find a station. It never stops. I think it has something to do with the treshold level to distinguish noise / signal.

In it, I descovered a PCB with number ANPI356-B. There's another PCB near the front, carrying the LCD and some other stuff.

Has anyone advice upon this, similar problems in another tuner, a schematic diagram would be perfect :-)

Thanks for help

Eng. GDB

Reply to
geert

If you can manually tune a station, and it's just that the scan-stop doesn't work, the discriminator needs adjustment. This is actually quite common on digital tuners. This normally requires a service manual to locate the test point and the adjustment coil(transformer, actually), and a voltmeter (or the 'scope on a small DC range) to adjust for minimum DC at the test point, when tuned to a station near 98mHz. Also, the VCO may need adjustment if the stereo beacon lamp or LED does not come on reliably.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Hello

I've got a F-Z92L tuner, which may be compatible with your system (connected via a short ribbon cable and connector). Yours for the price of UK postage or collect from Devon. Being quite light I would expect it to cost £7.20 to post.

Contact me directly on snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com if this is of use to you.

Regards,

Colin

snipped-for-privacy@user1.be wrote: