Compaq A3000 all in one printer ~scan motor stall

Hello,

I have compaq A3000 all in one printer with a problem. When I start a scanning or copying, it gives error " scan motor stall". The printer function works with problem. Does anyone have idea what components are not working?

Thanks richard

Reply to
Richard

Sometimes the bar which the scanhead slides on runs dry and jams the scanner. I have seen motors go as well.

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Sometimes the glass platen gets pushed down so that the scanning head rubs along the glass and that can create the stall message as too much current flows into the scan motor to try to get it to push past the friction. Check that there is no contact between the scan head and the glass, and look at lubrication as the previous poster suggested.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann