Panasonic Inverter Microwave - Platter motor buzz and dim light when idle

Subject: Panasonic NN-S563WF S/N: 6B43180461 Mfr Date: April 2003

Problem: The platter motor buzzes or vibrates (no visual motion) and the interior light has a very faint glow when the unit is in idle. Otherwise the microwave works fine.

In checking a few components, I found what appears to be an encapsulated wirewound resistor under the main transformer that tests open. I know someone else on here tried testing the high voltage diodes unsuccessfully as they seem to require a high forward bias voltage. However, since the microwave works, I don't think there is a problem with the diodes.

Does anyone have a schematic? What is the component under the transformer? I would like to avoid replacing the whole board as that seems such a waste. I really hate the way electronics have become "disposable". Has anyone come across this "vibrating/buzzing motor" problem?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce H

Welcome to low end...so called state of the art electronics! All this is normal for this unit! Look here:

Bruce H wrote:

Reply to
Dani

check for leaky door switches and leaky relay on the control panel

Bruce H wrote:

Reply to
nipperchipper

Thanks for the feedback. The real slap in the face is that this was not a cheap microwave and I bought two of them (one for the travel trailer) The one in the trailer has seen little use and does not buzz - go figure. Why can't at least one major electronics comany have consistency in quality?! Sheesh!

I'll check for a leaky component. When the door is open the buzz goes away (and of course the light comes on) so you may have a good idea with a door switch.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce H

I have an Inverter but my light does not come on when door is open, a real pain for me. Is this normal??

greg

Reply to
GregS

It=B4s not normal. You should get your bulb replaced, or better yet, smashed.

Reply to
lsmartino