Minolta RP603Z microfilm reader/printer help

Hello,

Is there anyone who might have worked on a Minolta RP603Z microfilm reader/printer over the years? I have a machine that is giving a constant C2 error (High Voltage transformer malfunction error). This problem used to occur very intermittently but has now become constant. Any ideas?

No one anywhere near here knows how to fix this old machine and I would like to get it going for the local Genealogy centre

TIA

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Does it work or not when it errors out?

--
.
Reply to

I'm not familiar with the machine, but have had the same problem with other machines (different error code number but the same error). The most common cause if it is laser based would be the corona wire shorting or arcing against metal. Certain models of Toshiba copiers have this problem often.

Larry wrote:

C wrote: : I'm not familiar with the machine, but have had the same problem with : other machines (different error code number but the same error). The : most common cause if it is laser based would be the corona wire : shorting or arcing against metal. Certain models of Toshiba copiers : have this problem often. : : : : : Larry wrote: : : Hello, : : : : Is there anyone who might have worked on a Minolta RP603Z microfilm : : reader/printer over the years? I have a machine that is giving a : : constant C2 error (High Voltage transformer malfunction error). : : This problem used to occur very intermittently but has now become : : constant. Any ideas? : : : : No one anywhere near here knows how to fix this old machine and I : : would like to get it going for the local Genealogy centre : : : : TIA : : : : Larry

Thanks for that, I'll check it and make sure there isn't some contamination etc in that area.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

-- Hi Homer,

Error stops the machine instantly when it appears. Paper is part way through when this happens but the error code is not paper related. On this machine all error code stop the machine instantly.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

The problem sounds exactly like what happens to Toshiba copiers. They also stop working with the paper part way through. A quick fix is to either shorten the corona wire or shorten tne tensioner spring. The error code on them is C970

Clarence