Common voltages from PWR SUPPLY in VCRs ?

What are the common voltage outputs from the power supply ? I am repairing my first VCR with power supply issue and cannot figure out what should I expect in good working one.

I see 21V and -7V and many other pins with 0V.

Reply to
Pszemol

Ricky from trailerparkboys

No such thing as "common voltages". What's the make and model?

And, as someone else shouted, do take care around the power supply.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Relax tiger... I know what the high voltages are, I worked with TV sets already. There you have much more things to worry about than some stinking 120V ;-)

Reply to
Pszemol

Sure, it is Zenth VRM4150. Any schematic available for this one or similar model ? Or any other VCR for that reason to just get an idea what to look for ?

You guys are right, and I am carefull. I have experience with voltages. Do not worry, but thanks for worrying anyway - it was nice of you :-)

Reply to
Pszemol

already.

Of course keep in mind that a self respecting switcher will have 300 VDC in it somewhere. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Sure... but this one in the Zenith is not a self respecting one ;-) The main capacitor is rated for 200V.

Reply to
Pszemol

Yep, no doubler. :) The >150 VDC or so on that cap can still be lethal though.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

though.

Do you know this Zenith VCR ? Any info on voltages at the power supply output ?

I tried to search for VCR and power supply and could not find anything in FAQ. What is the correct keyword set to get any info about this subject ?

Reply to
Pszemol

though.

You go to the repairfaq page, and look through the table of contents. There is one about VCR's and there is one about switching supplies, I think using the complete term "switch mode".

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:04:34 -0500, "Pszemol" put finger to keyboard and composed:

At the very least you must have +5V for the standby logic. You should find it on the front PCB and/or on one of the three (?) pins of the remote sensor.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Very good point! And even this one is not existing... So it looks like the pwr supply itself is the problem, not the short on mb pcb.

Reply to
Pszemol

Thanks, I have found an example schematic there:

Pszemol

There may not be a +5.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

On 23 Aug 2005 17:42:45 -0400, Sam Goldwasser put finger to keyboard and composed:

That's all I ever remember seeing. What other voltages are commonly used?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I don't know what's common but there really isn't any requirement for specifically 5 VDC in a VCR. It's not TTL. I seem to recall that the typical Panasonic power supplies had something slightly off like 5.1 or 5.2 But no reason it can't be 6 V something else.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

There should be at least something between 5 and 8 volts or something between 12 and 16 volts on most VCR's.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to