Good URL on VCRs?

Hi,

My memory is playing tricks on me. I'm sure I read in a VCR manual that its resolution was 312.5 lines (I'm in UK so 625 lines). I had assumed this meant that VCR showed the same field twice in a frame to save tape. But I can't find anything to say if they do or don't. All I can find is that VCR tapes are 240/250 lines but I think that is something different again.

TIA

--

Malcolm

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK ( snipped-for-privacy@fullcircuit.com, snipped-for-privacy@fullcircuit.co.uk or snipped-for-privacy@iee.org). Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

or

NEW -

- The Consultant A-List

Reply to
Malcolm Reeves

All VCRs record both fields. If they didn't it would give picture flicker on fast movement amongst other side effects.

The 240 line is the horizontal resolution.

Gary

Reply to
Gary