Re: 12V 4amp pwr supply

- snipped-for-privacy@l31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com...

> Good day > > I have on of those Colman coolers the pwr supply is not working. =A0The > > pwr supply is rated at 12 volts 4 amp. I tried to use a pwr supply > > from an old laptop that was rated at 12 volts and 4.5 amps but it got > > very hot in about 45 mins =A0Whats the difference ? > > Rick > > Heehee...... You overloaded your poor Colman power supply with your lapto=

p. =A0How can you be so smart to out-perform Colman design? 4.5A is bigger = than 4 amp by 22%. =A0You used up 122% of your income, is that a smart appr= oach to living? =A0Never spend more than you make, spend only 50% or less i= f you can figure out what I'm trying to tell you here...heehee...... Go get= a new power supply with 6AMP minimum and your power supply won't burn up.

Rick it might be that the TEC in the cooler is partially shorted or otherwise damaged and is burning out your power supplies. Can you measure how much current it is drawing at 12 Volts?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold