Can't reset Panasonic lamp hourmeter

I have a Panasonic PT-45LC12 LCD rear projector TV. I just replaced the bulb and tried to follow the instructions to reset the lamp hour meter; i.e., hold down the TV's Volume-- button while pressing the remote's PIP/Play button. It didn't work...even after several attempts, and after unplugging the TV from the wall socket and reconnecting. Any suggestions would be appreciated for solving the problem, or am I just stuck with a TV that doesn't obey commands anymore?

Reply to
ruscar45

Art

Reply to
ruscar45

Have you tried it with the set turned OFF? I struggled with a Hughes projector once which required a switch sequence like that, but it only worked that way.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

This works. Here is what I did. How To Reset Panasonic LCD Lamp Timer:

Step 1: I turned the volume all the way up. Step 2: Hold the Volume - button on the TV (Not the remote) until it was at 0. Keep holding the Volume - button down. Step 3: Press and hold the PIP/Play button on the remote until the message shows the timer has been reset to 0.

Hole that helps.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
davidbow