Go Video Dvd/Vcr Model 2140 problem

Hi my go video dvd/vcr model 2140 turns itself on for no reason and trys to load a tape that isnt there,i checked all the settings cant see anythingwrong,can you give me an idea why its doing this?it plays fine,revords fine,no other problems but turning itself on for no reason.Thanks P.S. i asked on another board and they think its a sensor problem,was wondering before i take in to have it looked at.

Reply to
Camlawnman

Problem is, however, even a relatively minor repair is likely to exceed the cost of the unit. Welcome to the world of throwaway electronics, courtesy of Wal-Mart and Symphonic / Funai Corp.

I agree that the loading is probably being triggered by a sensor (phototransistor). The part could actually be bad, though this is much less common these days, or something else could be setting it off, such as a mechanical issue.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

While we are in the age of cheap, throw away electronics, it is still possible that this could be a cost effective repair. At the very least you should take it into a shop for a repair cost estimate. The problem you are describing could possibly be something quite simple.... no way to know without an experienced tech looking inside..... an estimate in most shops will cost about the price of a cleaning.... usually anything you pay for an estimate would apply to the repair invoice..... then, once you get a repair cost number, you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of guesses. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

Reply to
Sofie