Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

Greetings all,

I've picked up a Samsung tv/vcr combo set model CXD-1942 which had a bad solder on the heater pin of the CRT neckboard. Soldering this fixed it, but I do not posess the original remote, and don't know how to change it over to A/V input without one. There is no channel 0, etc... anyone have any ideas on this? I've tried a couple of universal remotes, and can get some of them to change channels, etc, but no external input... Driving me nuts... TIA

Kevin

Reply to
DeEvolutio

Factory Samsung remote or OneForAll and contact them for the special codes and program one of the non-used keys to change to the a/v input.

Been there, done that.

Reply to
dkuhajda

You have to contact them for the codes, eh? Figures. Thanks very much for the info!

Kevin

Reply to
DeEvolutio

Yup, for all the oddball special codes. Which video input code should they use on a tv/vcr combo, the one for the Samsung vcr, or the one for a Samsung tv set, or a special one they used for the combo units?

Just make sure you email them with your remote model, tv/vcr model, and the specific button functions you are wanting. They will email back a list of the custom codes and how to add them to specific keys.

These two links and the information provided and other links should be everything you ever wanted to know about the versatile oneforall line of remote controls. The cinema7 and similar seem to have the best chance at providing enough hidden codes to do most all oem functions.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Is the A/V input a SCART?

--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ok, I'll ask for the OP. What is a SCART?

Honestly, we are talking about low end junk being sold in the U.S. It is a 19" tv/vcr combo that had a retail price around $190 when it was new a few years ago. Do you really think it will include a SCART connector? There have been very few SCART equipped consumer grade tv sets sold in the U.S.

Reply to
dkuhajda

FYI Thanks dkuhajda for those links. I went and bought the cheapest one-for-all remote I could find and emailed the vendor for the codes. I then obsessed about it so much I used the information on the urls you posted to figure it out for myself. One-for-all then emailed me back and informed me I couldn't do what I wanted to do with that remote and I'd have to purchase a more expensive one! Doom on them ;-) For the curious, the code for my Samsung CXD-1942's A/V input button was 212, so I have to press "VCR, then Set, then key in 212" and it flips right over. Groovy.

Reply to
deevolutio