Black display on Dell Inspiron 8000

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 and I am experiencing problems with the LCD. A few minutes after the system has booted and the desktop appears, the display goes black. However, you can faintly make out what is on the desktop if you look closely enough. I did attach an external monitor to my laptop and it works fine.

From the posts I have read on this forum and others, the problem could

be related to the inverter, backlight, or ribbon cable.

I don't have enough knowledge to know which part(s) needs to be replaced. I would appreciate any insight on how to make this determination.

In addition, I began to disassemble my laptop and have the LCD panel flipped out from the protective casing. I don't know where these any of these parts are located. If anyone can provide some instructions or diagram resources, this would be appreciated as well.

The part listing for LCD: 0D146 SUBASSEMBLY, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 15, SAMSUNG, V.2, LONSDALE/LAVACA Thanks, Ted Cwynar

Reply to
tedcwynar