PAL D to PAL B/G

I have a DVD player in Standard PAL D with four outputs:

  1. Video (3 connectors RCA: 1 for the video, 1 for the audio L and 1 for the audio R)
  2. S-Video (circular connector)
  3. Y, Cb, Cr (3 connectors RCA)
  4. Y, Pb, Pr (3 connectors RCA)

Instead, I have a TV in Standard PAL B/G with a SCART. From the menu of the TV, I can configure income the AV in video composite or RGB.

I connect the DVD to the TV and see only black / white.

Someone knows how I can resolve this problem?

--
Drago
Reply to

Which connectors did you use, (the 3 RCAs are the easiest to prove) ?

Are the cables OK?

Is the TV switched to PAL and not NTSC?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You must have used some adaptor to feed into the SCART.

Since you don't have RGB from the DVD - or an S-Video SCART - you're limited to the composite input on the SCART.

But it's odd to have a 'PAL' DVD without a SCART.

--
*60-year-old, one owner - needs parts, make offer

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's not actually, most of the DVD players I've seen in Australia don't use them. Most TVs down here don't bother with them either.

SCART, (or Euroconnectors), are mainly a, wait for it, .....european thing ;)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

use the rgb cables NOT composite.

-B

Yehbut the OP said he has a TV with a SCART connector.

--
*I started out with nothing...  and I still have most of it.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

....then a lead with a scart connector on one end (for the tv) and the

3 rgb leads on the other (for the player) ought to do the job.

-B

I also had a TV with a SCART, cheap chinese thing (just died after 12 years - new chinese thing only has 2 sets of RCA inputs and 1 SVideo), it's the only TV over the years that I have noticed a SCART on, (here in OZ).

Wish the OP had said where he was, PAL B/G TV - could be Australia, PAL D DVD - could be Scandinavia (IIRC).

Dave

Reply to
Dave

But the DVD doesn't have an RGB output, but component? ;-)

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*