Phillips TV stopped working after a power surge

A while back i had a severe power surge in my home, and afterwards, my TV stopped working and it smelled awful. I know a little about electronics so i opened it up and the fuse was blown, so i figured i needed a new one. I purchased one, and after i put it in and plugged in the TV, it immediately blew again. can anyone help me?

Reply to
minimooseisfullofrage

Find the component or components that are causing the fuse to blow and replace them.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Knowing a little can be a dangerous thing, at least you (hopefully) didn't put in a bigger and bigger fuse when they blew.

Something is shorted in the power supply, check the rectifier and chopper transistor for starters.

Reply to
James Sweet

haha, well i know enough to know that putting a bigger fuse in is a very bad idea

Reply to
minimooseisfullofrage

Sure, I can sell you fuses by the barrel.

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

buffalobill