Buy new Batteries or a new Cordless phone?

I have a 3 pc set of Uniden cordless phones (dct7085-3 2.4Ghz). I has worked great for 2 years, then batteries were dying. So I got some new ones on ebay, but they were cheap, so they only lasted about

2 months. Here in Canada I can buy a good quality brand for $25 each. I maybe would by two of them, but how do I know it's not a problem with the phone, that is killing the battery quickly? Does it make more sense to buy a new set for $100 or replace the batteries?

thanks.

Reply to
lbbss

Get the new phone. At least you'll be getting a new warranty.

When my old cordless phone died (after 10+ year), I bought a refurbished Uniden system, which did not please me. I took it back and go a GE DECT 6.0

2-8871 system. Not only is everything well-laid out and generally easy to use, but the base station works even when the AC goes off. That is, the basic phone operation is available, powered by the phone line when AC isn't available. That's nice.
Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Don't you have a Walmart up there? About $12.00 for new ones.

--
Claude Hopper          :)

?       ?       ¥
Reply to
Claude Hopper

That is the first place I called is walmart, but they did not have my battery bt-909

Reply to
lbbss

All you have to do is match the plug, voltage and size, never mind the numbers. Just get the right voltage. You can also cut off the old plug and solder it on the new battery.

--
Claude Hopper          :)

?       ?       ¥
Reply to
Claude Hopper

Look here, eight bucks:

Claude Hopper          :)

?       ?       ¥
Reply to
Claude Hopper

Do you have a Radio Shack store? They stock a lot of cordless phone batteries.

John

Reply to
news

With a search engine you can find many sources:

At first glance it looks like you could also build one out of AAA cells and the proper shrink tubing. Personally I do not think NiMH is a great chemistry for cordless phone use. AFAIK they don't like trickle charging. Maybe that's why they don't last. Ours are NiCd.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

About five years ago I bought an AT&T cordless phone at a Wal Mart store.The phone cost about $16.00.When the battery ran down, I checked the price of a new battery, $10.00.I bought a new corded phone for about $8.47.I don't need a cordless phone anyway. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I don't have any phones. That is why they make a cell.

--
Claude Hopper          :)

?       ?       ¥
Reply to
Claude Hopper

You don't know if the batteries you bought are of expired inventory, or were used, or of poor quality. Battey labels are easy to change.

There is another factor to consider, and that is that the charger system in the phone is working properly. To me it sounds that the batteries you are buying are the problem.

When I was servicing these types of devices I used to see defective low grade parts where customers thought they were beating the prices. There are no reliable cheap deals.

Jerry G.

--

lbbss wrote:

Reply to
Jerry G.

Right next to their talking doll toys and RC cars?????

Reply to
GMAN