Bose radio mod to add audio input jack

Need a portion of the schematic where I can tap off the audio input for my iPod. The radio is from my 2002 Maxima. Anyone can help? Thanks..

Reply to
cmdrdata

The Bose probably has an audio output IC. Get the number off the IC and look it up at alldatasheet.com . You might be able to plug into the "input" pins on the IC.

I think you will need a switch of some sort to switch between "Bose" source and "Ipod"source. Good luck. Scott

Reply to
Scott Lane

Yes I understand the need for a switch. If you have done audio input jack wiring, for a mono jack, they are typically 3 terminals ( one is common ), one is switched terminal when a plug is inserted, and the

3rd is the terminal that connects to the plug (barrel or tip). The "new source" is of course passed through the audio plug when it is inserted. I also understand the "break before make" issue to prevent IC biurnout.
Reply to
cmdrdata